Masters 2017. T-minus one week until the most anticipated golf event of the year kicks off at Augusta National!
We have a few new top picks for who we want to and who we think will take home the famous green jacket this year.
Out of the 94 players [as of now] invited to play at Augusta, we have chosen 8 contenders for the final potential winner of the 81st Masters.
1. Jordan Spieth - yes, we know, we always include Spieth. But, he is a fellow Texan and a young golfer making the game of golf appealing for younger athletes.
Plus, look at all he's done in his first 3 years at the Masters [like, winning]. We want him to keep killin' it.
2. Phil Mickelson - yes, another favorite we always list. "Philly" could tie Tiger's record of 4 Master wins if he gets the green jacket this year; AND break the record for Augusta's oldest champion too.
3. Jason Day - one of our favorite non-American players. He's been emotionally challenged in the past couple of weeks with his mom announcing her lung cancer, and undergoing successful surgery.
We've noticed a trend with players having big wins, while facing personal and emotional challenges [read: Danny Willet last year, and Ben Crenshaw's Masters story], and we believe Day could rise above too.
4. Jon Rahm - watching Rahm play at the Dell Matchplay last weekend put Rahm on our radar. He's only 22 and heating up fast--now ranked in the top 15 male golfers in the world. We like what we saw and we're ready to see more!
5. Dustin Johnson - currently #1 in the world, we cannot ignore DJ as a top pick...or should we say, our number 1 pick for the winner. He has been hot hot hot and we don't expect him to cool down any time soon. This would be his first green jacket and we think he'd look pretty good in it.
6. Justin Thomas - Not yet 24, this young golfer has already had a fire season. He's won 3 times, and has broken a few records. Maybe the Masters will be record-breaking for him.
7. Hideki Matsuyama - He's had a good season with wins and close runner-ups through 2016-17. He's also done well at the past Masters finishing T-7, so we'll see how he does this year!
8. Justin Rose - He won gold at the Olympics, and has always finished well at Augusta. Maybe this is his year to shine.
What do you think of our picks? Comment below, or share our post on social media!
We have also included some sneak peeks of outfits that are part of our S/S17 collection that launch next week! We suggest sporting these ensembles at The Masters to look like a pro while watching the pros. Keep an eye out for these items to go LIVE 4/3/17.
Cheers to a winning week for all golf fans!